Incredible Renovations and the EPA want you to have the best Ideas and Tips for Home and Commercial Businesses to Save Water. These ideas and tips will help you save water efficiently in your home or business and also if you maintain and implement these tips on a daily basis it will help to save our planet.
What are you doing personally to save the planet?
How to Maintain Your Equipment:
- Install ultra-low flow toilets, or adjust flush valves or install dams on existing toilets.
- Install faucet aerators and high efficiency showerheads.
- Use water-conserving ice makers.
- As appliances and equipment wear out, replace them with water-saving models.
- Eliminate "once-through" cooling of equipment with municipal water by recycling water flow to cooling tower or replacing with air-cooled equipment.
Practices To Implement:
- Detect and repair all leaks.
- Minimize the water used in cooling equipment in accordance with manufacturers recommendations. Shut off cooling units when not needed.
What to Do in the Kitchen and Laundry Room:
- Turn off dishwashers when not in use. Wash full loads only.
- Scrape rather than rinse dishes before washing.
- Use water from steam tables to wash down cooking areas.
- Do not use running water to melt ice or frozen foods.
- Handle waste materials in a dry state whenever possible.
- Wash only full loads of laundry or select the appropriate washing cycle provided on the washing machine. Use a rinse water recycle system. Consider purchasing high efficiency equipment.
What to Do Outside Your Home or Business:
- Wash vehicles less often; use a commercial car wash that recycles water.
- If you have a swimming pool, consider a new water-saving pool filter.
- Lower pool water level to reduce amount of water splashed out.
- Use pool filter backwash for landscape irrigation.
- Use a pool cover to reduce evaporation when pool is not being used.
- Sweep or blow paved areas to clean, rather than hosing off.